January 23, 2017
Dear Families and Community:
As you are aware we have had 9 snow days so far with the possibility of more stormy days to come. The District has put much thought and effort in how to best make-up the 9 lost days; we have used the following factors to make our decision:
- We believe quality instructional time is critical for our students to be career and college ready.
- We want to maintain our 175 student school days or equivalent school hours for this school year.
- We want to front load as many student make-up days as soon as possible to prepare them for high stakes state testing. Although the state of Oregon sets minimum required instructional time for students, we believe we should exceed the minimum instructional hours.
The District is making the following changes for the remainder of the school year:
- We will have regular student days on February 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. All students are expected to be in attendance.
- Effective February 1st, all Wednesdays will be full student school days. Elementary students will be attending school from 8:00 am – 2:25 pm Monday through Friday; Secondary students will be attending school from 8:00 am – 3:15 pm Monday through Friday. Buses will be picking up and dropping off students at the same time previously posted, M – F.
- With these two calendar adjustments, we have fully made up the 9 missed days barring any additional school snow days. At this time, you can expect that school will end on June 9th for students.
Thank you for your time and patience.